I have officially been accepted to serve in Panama in the month of March! It has been a hard couple weeks as many of my forms didn't get to Panama in time to purchase my ticket. I have learned to stop stressing and let the Lord take care of it all, and the moment I did that I got an email saying I was accepted! The director of the school that I will be teaching at sent me an email all in German, go figure! God would have the directors be from Germany :) I will be spending most of my time speaking and teaching English at the Christian Academy on the base. Here are a few interesting things and things I need support on:
1.) The base is built into the mountains!
2.) The base is also a few steps outside of a rainforest.
3.) One way I can get to the school every morning is by a zipline!!
4.) I will be teaching PreK-6th graders.
5.) My weekends will be spent in Panama City, and my church overlooks the Panama Canal.
6.) I will come home speaking a mix of English, Spanish, and German. Oh Boy!! :)
7.) Pray for my travels to and from Panama and also for the language barrier seeing as I speak no Spanish.
8.) Pray that I can be a role model and example for the children I will be teaching.
9.) Pray for the bad days and the trials I will face.
10.) Last and most importantly, pray that God will use me to help the people of Panama. Pray that I can truly be his light and vessel.
Love always,
Melanie Merle


No comments:
Post a Comment